CPAW NJ is a volunteer-driven Trap-Neuter-Return organization with limited appointments. Our service area is limited to Essex County to provide a more effective, targeted TNR approach. If we are unable to assist you, here are some resources that may help:
- People for Animals With locations in Hillside, Robbinsville and Millville, New Jersey, “PFA” sets the standard for high volume spay/neuter in the state. Please contact PFA for details and appointments, and check their facebook page for closures and updates. WALK INS: The Hillside location allows the public to bring 1 feral cat in a trap per day Monday through Thursday; Robbinsville allows 1 feral cat in a trap per day Tuesday through Friday. Plan to drop off in the morning and pick up the same day. Check in online when you get to the clinic with your name followed by “WALK IN TNR”. The cost is $65 and includes neuter, rabies vaccine, and ear tip. Friendly cats do not qualify for walk ins or the discounted rate.
- Associated Humane Societies Newark, Essex County, NJ. Limited TNR appointments are available for Essex County cats. Contact AHS directly for more information.
- The Spay & Neuter Center of New Jersey Holmdel, Monmouth County, NJ.
- The Animal Rights Alliance (TARA) Multiple Locations, New York State.
TNR and Rescue Resources: Please look below for a resource near you.
- This list contains New Jersey organizations who can help with TNR in varying degrees. They may be city-specific or cover a region. Please click on each resource to see what they are able to offer.
- NOTE: Most of the resources below are volunteer-based. Please be patient as we are all working as hard as we can to reduce suffering for community cats in New Jersey. Donations are always needed and appreciated!
Bergen County Animal Shelter (Contracts with Kearny, Harrison, East Newark)
Liberty Humane Society (Jersey City & Hoboken)
Whiskers Rescue, Inc (voucher program extends beyond Middlesex County)
North Jersey Community Animal Shelter – NJ CAS (Bloomingdale, Butler, Riverdale, Pompton Lakes, Wanaque, Ringwood and Kinnelon)
Save the Animals Rescue Team – START (Little Falls & Totowa)
Somerset Regional Animal Shelter (Bridgewater, Manville, Branchburg)
These are resources we are aware of who are actively taking help requests as of 2023. To add or remove your organization to/from this list, please email Amanda@cpawnj.org.