November 24, 2020
Ready to make a Facebook fundraiser for CPAW NJ? It’s easy! Here’s how:
1. Log on Facebook
2. Start a Fundraiser
3. Select Nonprofit, then select CPAW NJ.
4. Choose how much you want to raise. Facebook will pass on your funds even if you don’t meet your goal. Don’t set it too high unless you’re planning to contribute too! Remember, the key will be asking for the small amount of $12 to encourage participation. Choose $60, or multiples of $60, to sponsor a community cat(s).
5. Set your end date as 12/12/20.
6. In the Title field, write “Help me sponsor a Community Cat!” or “Help me sponsor _ Community Cats!” if you’re trying to sponsor more than one.
7. In the box that asks why you’re raising funds, copy and paste the italicized text below to start. You can add or change whatever you’d like! Include personal details like how you volunteer or if you’ve ever adopted a community cat.
Please join me in donating $12 to CPAW NJ. If 5 people donate $12, we pay for the neuter of a Community Cat and save a lot of kittens from being born outside this winter!
What We Do
-Trap-Neuter-Vaccinate-Return (TNVR/TNR) of community cats in Bloomfield, Caldwell, Cedar Grove, Glen Ridge, Montclair, Nutley, Verona, and other towns in Essex County when resources are available
-Educate and spread awareness about community cats
-Lend traps & provide training
-Prevent owner surrenders by keeping local food banks stocked with pet food and sharing knowledge about basic cat behavior via 1-on-1 sessions
-Humanely reduce the community cat population over time
-Prevent unnecessary suffering of future generations of cats
-Reduce Shelter & Rescue Intake
Communities Promoting Animal Welfare NJ (CPAW NJ) is a volunteer-driven 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to promoting a humane approach to animal welfare. We aim to protect the human/animal bond by being the voice for animals who cannot speak for themselves. We want to change the world so that animals don’t need to be “rescued.”
Visit cpawnj.org to get help or learn more.
8. Add a cover photo. Choose one of the ones below. Right click, choose save as, and upload your photo on your fundraiser page.
9. Click “Create” and you’re done! …sort of. Now you have to spread the word! Here are some tips:
Tag specific friends and ask them to donate
Post about your fundraiser every other day using artwork below, or your own photos or videos from volunteering!
Like and Follow CPAW NJ on Facebook and Instagram and share or repost our posts!
Meowy thanks for being such a great advoCAT for community cats!