Communities Promoting Animal Welfare NJ (CPAW NJ) are area residents dedicated to promoting a humane approach to animal welfare and protecting the human/animal bond by being the voice for animals who cannot speak for themselves.
Why form yet another animal welfare group?
Simply put, to prevent owner surrenders and reduce community cat population through trap, neuter, vaccinate and return (TNVR)!
- Build bridges and show compassion to people who just need a bit of help to keep their pet.
- Share knowledge about basic cat behavior, helping owners who might be experiencing behavior problems with their pet.
- Connect and collaborate with area groups and individuals to maximize limited resources and to lift each other up.
- Support community cat caregivers with the necessary resources to care for their colonies and make sure they are fed, spay/neutered, and vaccinated.
- Celebrate our successes along the way...four paws at a time!
What is our vision?
We want to change the world so that animals don’t need to be “rescued”.
What’s so game changing about Trap, Neuter, Vaccinate and Return (TNVR)?
Because it is the only humane way to end pet overpopulation and promotes the welfare of animals and humans.
How are we going to accomplish our mission?
Compassion. Collaboration. Celebration.
Making more space for love in the world.
Compassion: towards all animals and humans, despite the circumstance. What is your difficulty and how can I help you keep your pet? Let's try and rehome your pet if you can no longer keep it without abandoning it outside or to a shelter cage? We practice compassion and practical solutions rather than judgment.
Collaboration: we are stronger together by inviting all interested community members to participate.
Celebration: every small step and learning to see through the eyes of another, both human and pet, is something to be celebrated! That’s the way we lift each other up and keep rejuvenated for the hard work that needs to be done.
I’m in. How can I help? Be a solution advocate!